To log a food by scanning its barcode:
- On the Diary screen, tap a meal bar, e.g. Breakfast, to open the meal.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the camera/barcode icon ().
- View the barcode of the food item through your device's camera.
- Hold still while the barcode is scanned automatically.
- Tap the amount box and type the amount.
- Tap a measure (unit) from the list.
- At the top of the screen, tap Add.
- Continue scanning foods. Or, to return to the meal, at the top of the screen, tap the back button.
- If the scanned item is not found, you can manually add the food to your diary, as long as you know the energy per serve.