An update from the Xyris Team
We are currently redeveloping Easy Diet Diary, with an anticipated release in late 2023 or early 2024. This redevelopment will bring a host of new features and a refreshed interface, while still keeping many of the app's much-loved features.
The current Easy Diet Diary app no longer meets Google Play's requirements for API level 30. This means that some new users are unable to download the app from the Google Play Store.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you are unable to download the app from the Google Play Store, you can still access the latest version of Easy Diet Diary by following the steps below.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to bring you the new and improved Easy Diet Diary.
What does this mean for me?
For Android users who already have Easy Diet Diary installed on their device:
- You can continue to use Easy Diet Diary as usual.
For new Android users who would like to install Easy Diet Diary on their device:
- You may receive the following error message when attempting to download Easy Diet Diary from Google Play: This app isn't available on your device because it was made for an older version of Android
- If you have received the above error message, you can still install Easy Diet Diary on your device by downloading the APK installation file (as detailed below).
- If you have not received the above error message, you can continue to install and use Easy Diet Diary from the Google Play store as usual.
For new and existing iOS users:
- You can continue to use Easy Diet Diary as per usual.
To install Easy Diet Diary via the APK:
- On the phone you want to install Easy Diet Diary on, select the APK link here: https://edd-public-downloads.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/343.apk
- The app should begin downloading immediately. If it does not work, please see the Troubleshooting information below.
To allow unknown apps on Android:
- Go to your device settings and tap Apps & Notifications (or Apps in older versions of Android).
- Click the three dots in the upper-right corner (or select the Advanced tab).
- Click Special access.
- Click Install unknown apps.
- In this menu, you'll see a list of apps on your device that can be used to install other apps. Select the one you want to install apps through, such as your browser, cloud storage service, or file explorer.
- Move Allow from this source to the On position.
- Once completed, try downloading the Easy Diet Diary APK again.
You can turn this setting off after installing Easy Diet Diary.